Wednesday, May 12, 2010

No End in Sight

Today I went to check my email and saw an article on Yahoo! Health, midway through reading I come across this quote:

Problem is, a lot of what food marketers try to sell us as “juice” is about as healthy for you as, well, being chased down a highway in a white Ford Bronco.”

Why the fuck & what the fuck does O.J. Simpson have to do with health? Why would the author mention that? It’s so far off base. Only a racist would have that punchline in their back pocket waiting to use it EVERY chance they got, another blow for the black man.

This shit is getting real old. As I read in an article posted onTheGrio.com, a black man who has been accused of doing wrong will be persecuted and nailed to the cross by the media, guilty until proven innocent. Even if proven innocent, biased opinions & perspectives outweigh what the courts have decided. His white counterpart in the same predicament is seen as just another person who has made a mistake… no big deal.

I ask myself, when are THEY going to get over it? I see no end in sight.